latest HP PCs feature new productive capabilities
HP has announced new additions to its Personal Systems portfolio
Dubai – With more than half of worldwide employees working from home, employees and IT teams are adjusting to the new ways people collaborate and create – whether at home, in the office, or other remote locations. HP has announced new additions to its Personal Systems portfolio to help people stay connected, engaged, and productive.
The latest EliteBook 800 Series PCs, ZBook Firefly 14, and ZBook Firefly 15 feature new capabilities allowing business users, IT teams, and creators to:
• Be productive anywhere. Stay connected and work virtually anywhere at the highest connection speeds possible with gigabit data rate Wi-Fi 6, 4G LTE or 5G. , New AI-based noise reduction suppresses background noises and keyboard clicks during conference calls. HP QuickDrop helps users transfer photos, videos and files quickly and securely between an HP PC and phone.
• Work with peace of mind. HP Elite PCs and HP Workstations are part of the world’s most secure and manageable PCs. Newly embedded Tile™ capability allows users (and IT) to easily locate the PCs whether nearby or far away. HPs new intrusion detection technology, HP Tamper Lock, locks your PC if it has been physically opened or compromised and notifies the user. Devices can be wiped down with common household cleaning wipes for easy sanitisation and HP Easy Clean disables the touchscreen, keyboard, and clickpad at the touch of a button to clean without the need of powering off. HP Sure View Reflect allows users to work discreetly, by showing a copper reflective finish when the screen is viewed from the side.
• Feel good about sustainably sourced materials. Driving support for more environmentally conscious products, the PCs are part of the world’s most sustainable PC portfolio and use ocean-bound plastics in the speaker enclosure, and the outer box packaging is 100% sustainably sourced.
New Premium PCs for Business Users and IT Teams
The HP EliteBook 800 G8 Series PCs are crafted with a lightweight and flexible design, and superb connection and collaboration for powerful business resiliency. Powered by up to 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, the devices are designed to meet the demands of mobility around the home, office, and everywhere in between. 11th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® processor-based systems coming in January 2021.
The HP EliteBook 800 G8 Series, available with 13.3″, 14″, and 15.6″ diagonal screens, users get a powerful, highly secure, and durable laptop with a long battery life that keeps them connected and productive in any work setting. The HP EliteBook 850 G8 has an NVIDIA® GeForce® MX450 discrete graphics option for ultimate performance. Co-engineered with Intel, select configurations of the HP EliteBook 800 series have been tested and verified to meet standards for the Intel® Evo® Platform ensuring high-, responsiveness, battery life, fast charge and instant wake. Systems that have been tuned and verified to meet the requirements of the Intel® Evo™ vPro® platform based on 11th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® processors are coming in January 2021. With not only users but IT teams working remotely, HP Patch Assistant helps IT monitor HP device health and security across employee devices by automating critical updates.
In addition to the features mentioned above, the HP EliteBook x360 830 G8 features a 360-degree hinge and 13.3” diagonal touchscreen display to adapt to the way users create, connect, and collaborate. The optional HP Rechargeable Active Pen G3 features a proximity alert that notifies users if they leave the pen behind.
Elevating Productivity for Mainstream Creators and Remote Professionals
The new HP ZBook Firefly G8, available with a 14” and 15.6” diagonal screen, equips users on-the-go with the power and performance needed to design in 2D and review 3D iterations. Built for extreme mobility starting at just 2.98 pounds, the ZBook 14 is the world’s lightest mobile workstation with a colour accurate display. It is engineered to take select high-end ZBook experiences into the mainstream while maintaining the thin, sleek design that is as light as a MacBook Pro 13”. Now today’s technical and creative managers, STEAM students, and product designers can tap into pro-level performance with curated creator experiences like colour accuracy and ISV certifications, seamless collaboration with enhanced connectivity, and industry-leading security.
• Enjoy a true colour digital canvas with a DreamColor display boasting a billion on-screen colours with world-class visual fidelity. Creators will have confidence in their colours as new PANTONE® Validated displays meet Pantone’s colour fidelity criteria in the simulation of the full range of real-world PANTONE Colors.
• Keep remote workers productive. Get improved performance with new NVIDIA T500 professional graphics, featuring 4 GB GDDR6 VRAM, and up to 3X graphics performance over the previous generation, and 2.6x better performance than the Dell Precision 3550 – pull up schematics or designs and get the job done from anywhere, even while multi-tasking with conferencing or web applications. Additionally, be more productive while using multiple applications like video conferencing, web browsing, and streaming.
• ZCentral Remote Boost brings users a revolutionary way to collaborate by taking advantage of remote access to even more powerful desktop workstations at the office. The real-time collaboration capability of this solution allows collaboration across teams and applications remotely with almost any device.
Additionally, the ZBook Studio and Create G7 will soon be available with Ubuntu 20.04 and data science tools preloaded to be productive on day one. This means data scientists can start training models with their new PC immediately instead of spending time tracking down and installing all the required tools. This hardware and software solution set will allow data scientists to augment and accelerate their workflows with the flexibility and portability of a ZBook. Find out more about how HP is simplifying data science workflows here.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing will be available closer to availability.
Supporting Partner Quotes
“Our continued collaboration with HP is all about giving users and IT departments peace of mind,” said CJ Prober, CEO of Tile. “Tile comes pre-installed on these devices and is easily activated to ensure you never have to wonder where your laptop is.”
“High-performance solutions that keep people connected and productive are essential for remote work,” said Sandeep Gupte, senior director of Professional Visualization at NVIDIA. “NVIDIA T500 in the HP ZBook Firefly G8 will enable graphics-intensive work in an ultra-compact form factor, no matter the location.”
- HP Proprietary Research, 9/2020, n = 345 HR Leaders; US, UK, Australia [HR]
- 4G LTE module is optional and must be configured at the factory. The module requires activation and separately purchased service contract. Backwards compatible with HSPA 3G technologies. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection, upload, and download speeds will vary due to network, location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available on all products, in all regions.
- 5G module is an optional feature that must be configured at purchase. AT&T and T-Mobile networks supported in the U.S. Module designed for 5G networks as carriers deploy Evolved-Universal Terrestrial Radio Access New Radio Dual Connectivity (ENDC) with both 100Mhz of 5G NR and LTE channel bandwidth, using 256QAM 4×4 as defined by 3GPP, requires activation and separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection, upload and download speeds will vary due to network, location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 5G not available on all products, in all regions. Backwards compatible to 4G LTE and 3G HSPA technologies. 5G module planned to be available in select countries, where carrier supported.
- For select HP Mobile workstations with 4 antenna panel, 5G module can be configured at purchase or ordered separately after hardware purchase. AT&T and T-Mobile networks supported in the U.S. Module designed for 5G networks as carriers deploy Evolved-Universal Terrestrial Radio Access New Radio Dual Connectivity (ENDC) with both 100Mhz of 5G NR and LTE channel bandwidth, using 256QAM 4×4 as defined by 3GPP, requires activation and separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection, upload and download speeds will vary due to network, location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 5G not available on all products, in all regions. Backwards compatible to 4G LTE and 3G HSPA technologies. 5G module planned to be available in select countries, where carrier supported.
- Requires Internet access and Windows 10 PC preinstalled with HP QuickDrop app and either an Android device (phone or tablet) running Android 7 or higher with the Android HP QuickDrop app and /or an iOS device (phone or tablet) running iOS 12 or higher with the iOS HP QuickDrop app.
- Based on HP’s unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost and HP’s Manageability Integration Kit’s management of every aspect of a PC including hardware, BIOS and software management using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager on HP Elite PCs with Windows and 8th Gen and higher Intel® processors; HP ProDesk 600 G6 with Intel® 10th Gen and higher processors; and HP ProBook 600 with Intel® 11th Gen processors and higher.
- Some Tile features require an optional subscription to Tile Premium. Tile application for Windows 10 available for download from the Windows Store. Mobile phone app available for download from the App Store and Google Play. Requires iOS 11 and greater or Android 6.0 and greater see https://support.thetileapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/200424778 for more information. Tile will function if the PC has battery power.
- HP Tamper Lock must be enabled by the customer or your administrator.
- Select household wipes can be safely used to clean HP Elite and Workstation PCs up to 1,000 wipes: See wipe manufacturer’s instructions for disinfecting and the HP cleaning guide for HP tested wipe solutions at How to Sanitize Your HP Device Whitepaper (http://h20195.www.2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-7610ENW)
- HP Easy Clean 2.0 requires Windows 10 RS3 and will disable the keyboard, touchscreen, and clickpad only. Ports are not disabled. See user guide for cleaning instructions.
- HP Sure View Reflect integrated privacy screen is an optional feature that must be configured at purchase and is designed to function in landscape orientation.
- Applies to HP PCs, Workstations and Displays manufactured after January 2019. Based on most Gold and Silver EPEAT® registrations by meeting all required criteria and achieving 50-74% of the optional points for EPEAT® Silver and 75-100% of the optional points for EPEAT® Gold according to IEEE 1680.1-2018 EPEAT®. Status varies by country. Visit www.epeat.net for more information.
- Speaker enclosure component made with 5% ocean-bound plastic.
- 100% outer box packaging made from sustainably sourced certified and recycled fibres. Fibre cushions made from 100% recycled wood fibre and organic material. Any plastic cushions are made from >90% recycled plastic.
- Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from the use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Disclaimer for Evo: Select SKUs qualify as an Intel® Evo™ platform.
- HP Patch Assistant is available on select HP PCs with the HP Manageability Kit that are managed through Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. HP Manageability Integration Kit can be downloaded from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/overview.html.
- Based on HP’s internal analysis of non-gaming mobile workstations with a minimum 3 ISV certs, configurable professional graphics, and a dedicated workstation brand as of December 2020. Weight-based on starting weight in-lbs.
- One billion colours through A-FRC technology.
- Based on HP internal testing as of November 2020
- Based on HP internal testing as of November 2020
- HP ZCentral Remote Boost does not come preinstalled on Z Workstations but can be downloaded and run on all Z desktop and laptops without a license purchase. With non-Z sender devices, purchase of a perpetual individual license or perpetual floating license per simultaneously executing versions and purchase of ZCentral Remote Boost Software Support is required. RGS requires Windows, RHEL (7 or 8), UBUNTU 18.04 LTS, or HP ThinPro 7 operating systems. MacOS (10.13 or newer) operating system is only supported on the receiver side. Requires network access. The software is available for download at hp.com/ZCentralRemoteBoost.
- Pricing and availability subject to change without notice.